There are several different ways to detoxify and at Dr. Sarah Rothman, N.D., L.Ac we offer a wide range of detoxification options. These programs range from heavy metal oral chelation type protocols to gentle detox programs just through nutrition alone. We offer both individualized and group detoxification programs. Individual programs are tailored to you- and we work together to formulate a cleanse that works best with your lifestyle and to suit your individual needs. Group detoxes offer group support and group classes such as cooking classes and yoga.
The components of any Individual Naturopathic Detoxification Protocol
- Dietary Recommendations: these change depending on the individual and the foods in season. Shopping lists, menu plans, recipes, and clear guidelines are always given before starting a detox.
- Supplementation: sometimes nutrients and supplementation are added to encourage and enhance detoxification, prevent nutrient deficiencies, optimize nutrient absorption from food and protect healthy organs and systems.
- Herbal Support: various herbal teas, tinctures and topical preparations are chosen based on the individual and the type of detoxification protocol being used.
- Lifestyle Tips and Guidance: this includes breathing techniques, meditations, exercise prescriptions, and other lifestyle cleansing processes to encourage holistic detoxification and cleansing in all realms of health.
Please stay tuned for info on our next Group Detox Program
A bio-therapeutic Drainage is a form of gentle detoxification. It is a process of cleansing the body by opening up the "emunctories" which are like elimination pathways. It is a cleansing process to enable our body to self-regulate optimally. The goal behind Biotherapeutic drainage is to help the body reach a constant state of balance.
Benefits of Drainage:
- restores physiology at a cellular level
- facilitates cellular toxin elimination
- opens the elimination pathways and facilitates discharge
- does not purge or force the body to eliminate beyond physiological limits
- the technique used to enhance other therapies
- never contraindicated with other therapies
- takes emotional and energetic toxins as well as physical and environmental
- toxins into account